No matter where I travel in the world, nothing beats our local KL hawkers. I visit cities notorious for its food, I research, I spend, I devour and yet my local Pan Mee guy still tops the charts. We all know I could eat fried chicken for breakfast, lunch and dinner (and may have been known to have done that in the past), but I feel it’s time to share the love and not just demolish anything sold at SS2 Pasar Malam for our little foodie city is full to the brim of the best food in Asia.
I’ve put together my absolute favourites and in my opinion the best street food in KL:
- Dry Chilli Pan Mee from Sun Huat Ke in Lucky Garden Bangsar and Sea View Restaurant in Paramount.
- Asam Laksa at O&S Restaurant in Paramount and Curry Laksa at the Sister Drunken Chicken stall in Restoran Beh Brothers on Jalan Alor.
- Restoran Nasi Lemak Antarabangsa in Kampung Baru and Nasi Lemak Tawaf in Sri Petaling for Nasi Lemak.
- Popiah and Pai Tee at Baba Low’s 486 in Bangsar and Crispy Popiah at Stadium Popiah Stall in SS2 Pasar Malam
- Roti Canai at Kanna Curry House in PJ and Raju Restaurant on Jalan Gasing
- Hokkien Mee at Kim Lian Kee in Lot 10 in Butik Bintang
- Banana Leaf at Vishal Food & Catering in Brickfields
- Last but not least, my personal hidden gem is the Fried Chicken Skin at SS2 Pasar Malam
What do you think? Have I missed an absolute stand out? Comment below if so. I’m all for a popiah-bake off!